Detoxifying: Infrared or Traditional Saunas

Over the years, many studies have been conducted on the effects of sweating on the body. We know that sweating rids your body of toxic substances such as heavy metals and other harmful substances. Similarly, it is a well-known fact that the body needs to be kept hydrated if you are sweating heavily to avoid dehydration.

While exercising is an easy way to sweat, another popular method is going for sauna detox. In traditional sauna detox sessions, your body sweats out all its numerous toxins through the pores of the skin, which is good for your health and very relaxing, too.

Infrared Saunas vs. Traditional Saunas

Infrared saunas are relatively new type of sauna but they have become very popular in a short period of time. Why? Mainly because they are considered to be seven times more effective than traditional saunas when it comes to safe sweating. Approximately 95% of the sweat of the body from traditional saunas is water and the other 5% is made up of salt.

On the other hand, it is believed that far infrared saunas are able to release more toxins via sweating. The composition of the sweat that is produced when using an infrared saunas is somewhere between 80% water and the rest is cholesterol, toxic heavy metals, sulfuric acid, sodium, ammonia and uric acid. This fact alone appears to strongly suggest that infrared saunas are healthier than standard saunas when it comes detoxifying the body and getting rid of harmful metals and minerals.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: